Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Scent of Meat Fills My Nostrils

As a perfect transition from my last Fogo de Chao post expounding on the joy of roasted meats, here is something else to chew on. In a recent Boston Globe story, Burger King announced its entrance in the "fine" fragrance category. I purposefully place "fine" in quotations here as Burger King does not necessarily play on the same brand level as oh . . . say Chanel. And, what would you expect in a cologne from the purveyor of the Whopper? Well . . . how about the subtle scent of flame-broiled beef? Yep, that's right. The Flame is a meat infused spray for men.

Ahh, whaaa?!! BTW, does the Burger King King creep you out as much as he creeps me out?



Apparently, the smart folks at BK feel this smell will lure in the ladies like some sort of addictive pheromone. Now I like a good burger. Don't get me wrong. But, the thought of a meat cologne makes my stomach turn.

The story reminds me of something out of the Onion -- a spoof, a lark. I think this one might be real, however. Watch out everyone. The Flame might just be 2009's hot ticket stocking stuffer.

Good luck with this one BK. Might I suggest sticking with the fried foods and do what you do best? Leave the production of fragrance to the folks who know a thing or two about it . . . Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Sarah Jessica Parker and J-Lo. Thankyouverymuch.

2 comments:

  1. OMG. This made me laugh OUT LOUD. Meat perfume...perfect.

    It reminds me of the fake deer urine that hunters spray beneath their stands to attract prey. Am I the deer in this scenario? Am I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every word you write, every time.

    ReplyDelete