Thursday, June 19, 2008

Riviera Maya = Restful Bliss


I have been remiss and my blogging has been sorely slacking and lacking. Lo Siento. My apologies senior and senioritas. You might be wondering why all of this Spanglish infused in my usually non-Spanglish free posting? One of my new BESTS has got to be the Mexican Riviera. For reals. If I hadn't been filled with the theological ideals of angels with wings playing harps on puffy clouds by pearly gates, I might actually believe that my Mexican honeyoom destination WAS heaven. It was heavenly. Hot and heavenly. We spent a week at the El Dorado Royale Spa Resort which is about 20 miles from Cancun. If you are looking for a relaxing, refreshing, gourmet, all-inclusive, classy type joint with gorgeous white sand beaches, jewel blue Caribbean waters and those fun swim up bars where the margaritas flow free and the guacamole is fresh -- well, my friends, this place is calling your name. We stayed in an ocean view junior suite with a jacuzzi. Oh Yeah baby. It looked like this:



Now, this isn't actually OUR exact room, but it looks amazingly close to it. I must admit, we did not have the fresh fruit bowl on the desk like the image above, but one day the maid put a cute towel swan on our bed. I loves me some towel animals. A lovely swimming pool was located a mere 5 feet from our patio. We spent many an hour sunning ourselves there. Then about 20 yards beyond that was the ocean. Nothing to do. No appointments. No emails. No work. Just a lot of nothingness. Again, I must repeat. It was HEAVEN. I want to go back. Does anyone want to go?

Now, Mr. Oz and I had a fantastic time. We really did. I would say one of the highlights was our candlelight dinner on the beach. Very romantic. We did comment that it would be a great place to go with friends. Not friends on our honeymoon, but maybe a different time. Who's in???

One word of warning. We left the resort once to go on a day long tour of some Mayan ruins. Good fun but DON'T drink or eat anything off the resort. You are just rolling the dice and, let me tell you, the dice could come up snake eyes -- poopy snake eyes. I was sick for a week. I finally had to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics. Some sort of Mexican buggy done crawled up in me and was attempting to set up house. Naughty Mexico.




1 comment:

  1. Both you and Squirrel posted Mexican themed blogs. Is it a sign that I should leave work early and go home to make mexican food and drink margaritas while I sun myself on the hammock?

    I'm IN.

    ReplyDelete