Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happiness In Pill Form?

Happy photo, Day 2. This is my team at work. Lovely ladies. Look at their happy, smiley faces. We were taking a moment out of the busy day to celebrate a birthday with some yummy treats and laughs. Happiness rating = 6. If this would have taken place outside of the workplace setting, the rating would have been even higher.

On an unrelated note, I just saw a preview for the movie "Limitless" starring one hotty, Bradley Cooper and fine, fine actor, Robert DeNiro. The premise seems simple. Man somehow gets his hands on a super pill which renders him limitless (get the connection to the title). Apparently, he has boundless intelligence, strength, agility, power, sex appeal and sense of smell -- ok, I made that last one up, but it probably goes without saying that this pill would heighten the senses, no? Not sure where Robert DeNiro's character comes in, but he has something over on Mr. Bradley Cooper. There are quick flashes of guns and car chases. I think Bobby maybe wants the pills for himself or wants to use Bradley's superior skills (and gorgeous teeth) for some nefarious dealings. Either way, the preview poses the question "If you could have this limitless ability, would you do it?" I guess there is supposed to be some big moral lesson in here somewhere, but on the face of it, I would say my answer is "Yes!" What I would like to believe is this super pill could also improve compassion, sense of respect and general human kindness. Why would it only make your bad attributes stronger and not your good ones? Oh, Hollywood . . .

Upon reflection, this movie does sorta tie into the topic of Happiness. Can this fictitious super pill make one hot Mr. Bradley Cooper any happier than he already is? Can we find true happiness in some thing, external to our own sense of self. Feels like super pills and the like just serve to validate us briefly and the more sustaining happiness comes from how we feel inside.

Now, can anyone tell me where I can get my hands on this super pill? I have a big couple of weeks and could use the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment