Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Shopping

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am addicted to online x-mas shopping.

Over the past few weeks, holiday purchasing online has been among my greatest joy and pleasure. True.

While some may say this form of shopping is impersonal, isolating and does not allow the shopper to fully experience the seasonal sights, sounds and smells (think evergreen trees and baked goods versus sweaty Mall Santas), I counter online shopping is incredibly convenient. Yep, convenience trumps all. Here is my general overview of "traditional" holiday shopping: Slogging through snowbanks and braving the icy cold only to spend countless minutes circling crowded parking lots looking for an open spot. Throwing elbows scrounging for the best deal . . . limited choices because stores only want to keep the best selling items in stock . . . after hours of hunting and searching, pure frustration sets in . . . solution = various gift cards.


Now, let's compare this old way with the evolution of holiday behavior: Comfy, cozy in flannel pajamas . . . relaxing with laptop on the couch with a fire roaring . . . . Amazon.com wishlist searches,
researching the perfect gift by entering in facts and personality traits of your gift recipients, personalized & fun gift ideas, free shipping (hooray!!). No need to leave the house, saving money on gas and reaping the benefit of hours I can spend doing other fun stuff like baking cookies, drinking martinis or watching Glee (double hooray!!!). Seriously. Why would anyone choose to purchase their gifts any other way?

Plus, how great is it to come home from work each day to a bounty of packages on one's doorstep?


Here are just a smattering of gift ideas that I may, or may not, have purchased online this season:
Who doesn't appreciate a toasty, warm towel when exiting the shower? This is the perfect baby gift when the parents are Sci-Fi, Star Wars geeks!


Hello! Cheese of the month club!! Tasty.

2 comments:

  1. I love your header picture. towel warmer? When can I visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deeply hope that I will be the recipient of the cheese of the month club. Deeply.

    ReplyDelete