Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New York State of Mind

Sadly, I do not have the Ozy photo shoot proofs yet. I keep checking my email to see if they have arrived. Of course, the photos will be shared assuming I will not be violating any copyright laws in the process. Scribble, let me know if that looks to be a problem as your are all the keeper of the halls of justice and what not.

Super excited to report an upcoming trip and looking for suggestions on places to go and things to do. My friend Poodle and I have decided to exit the Twin Cities (stage left) and hit the Big Apple. We leave next Thursday for a 4 day, 3 night stay in NYC. Our plan is simple really -- enjoy the Fall ambiance, do a little shopping and check out some fantastic restaurants. I hope all the walking we have planned will cancel out the eating as we will be cutting a culinary swathe through Manhattan for schnizzle.

We are staying at a boutique hotel in Gramercy Park which seems to be a pretty good location and launching off point. Thus far, we have three places on our radar as 'musts.' These include Hearth, Gramercy Tavern and the Pegu Club. Aside from that, what other ideas come to mind? I think is is safe to say that both Poodle and I are fond of art, music and history (aka museums). Fine dining, tasty cocktails, window shopping, celebrity sightings and just kickin it also top the list of common interests. We are not really into the nightclub scene, sporting events, NASCAR and stinky cab rides. The Museum of the City of New York might be kinda cool as the city definitely boasts an interesting past. A stroll through Central Park, a visit to the NY Public Library or the Metropolitan Museum of Art? Broadway show? Hmmm. So many possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. I love Pearl River Mart on Broadway:
    http://www.pearlriver.com/v2/index.html

    and the Egyptian exhibit in the Met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a suggestion....take me.

    ReplyDelete