Saturday, February 23, 2008

What This Whole Thing Is About Y'all

To the few, if any, people out there that may happen upon this interspace (purely by accident, I am sure), let me lay down my blog's purpose for y'all. I am blessed to have many wonderful friends and a terrific family. One of these lovely people (www.hollowsquirrel.com) has been encouraging me to start a blog for quite some time now. Take a bow Mrs. Squirrel. This Bud's for you! Of course, I'll keep it cold for you until after Cletus McFetus is born as I'm sure you could enjoy a cool and refreshing beverage post-delivery. Who wouldn't?

But seriously folks. I finally heeded my friend's words, got myself a shiny new laptop, and here we are. I wasn't sure what to rant and rave about so I decided, after much consternation, to do just that -- RANT and RAVE. This blog is going to be dedicated to my random comments on things, people, places and ideas I love. For those of you who know me well, you have likely heard the phrase "that's my best" escape my lips. The phrase is an old habit I picked up from one of my zany college roommates. Her nickname was Stumpfs if that gives you any indication of what her whole deal was. Probably not. Anyway, Stumpfs was a gleeful young woman who had a lot of "bests." She would open the door of the refrigerator and spy a big bottle of low sodium soy sauce and exclaim "THAT is my BEST!" Give her some soft, pillowy Charmin toilet paper and she would scream "THAT is my BEST!" Obviously, the girl was easily pleased. That said, I think she was on to something. A loud proclamation of all things you adore. What a terrific concept. What if we all pronounced our BESTS for the world to hear? What if we shared this enthusiasm with others and let it spread like the bubonic plague infecting those around us with happiness and delight? This, my good people, is my goal.

What about the "rant" aspect you ask? Good question. Conversely, I will also spend some time dissing on things, people, places and ideas I hate. This is where the idea of balance comes into play. If I'm always spouting joy and love and harmony, that would get pretty boring pretty fast. Again, for those who know me, I tend to be a rather caustic and slightly bitter person. So, I think a little anti-BEST might in order every now and then. How's that for glorious entertainment? Even if nobody reads this, I see it as my opportunity to vent a little venom and get it off my chest. Web therapy, if you will. So, won't you join me on this little magic carpet ride? Stay tuned for my very FIRST rave (or perhaps rant) . . .

This should be fun. Peace out to one and all!

5 comments:

  1. You are my best! I am glad that you are blogging. I look forward to enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, my dear...to the blogosphere. That rhymed. Neat! Good luck on your new journey. BTW, I've been blogging for about 3 years; and it is, indeed...good therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY FINALLY.

    Blog on, my funny friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe she should go to this cool online personal stylist service for a start... loads of free style advice to get started with..

    welcome to the bloggersphere!

    ReplyDelete